235 Hospital Street
Augusta, ME 04330
First established in 1966, Companion Animal Clinic has been serving the veterinary needs of small animals under its current owners since 1998. Our caring, compassionate, and well-trained veterinarians, Drs. Scott and Penny Bennington, have extensive experience providing preventive care and treatment for your pets. Our wide variety of services includes:
We at Companion Animal Clinic remain committed to doing what we can to keep your pets and your families as healthy as possible. To support widespread efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19 we ask the following (updated July 1):
1. We are asking you not to enter the building at this time. In rare cases (euthanasia, for example) we will allow you to enter the building. We can only have one family member in the building at a time, and we require a face mask to enter.
2. For scheduled appointments, please stay in your vehicle and call us when you arrive. If you don’t have a cell phone you can come to the front or side door and knock so that we know you’re here. We’ll come out and get your pet when a doctor and/or assistant is available; if the weather is bad we may have all discussions by phone. You have an option to interact during the actual appointment via FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, or Google Meet.
3. If you need to pick up medication or food, please call ahead so that we can have it ready when you arrive. We can then bring your item(s) out to you.
4. If you are sick and your pet needs care, please make every effort to have a family member bring your pet to the clinic for you. The CDC recommends that you minimize contact with your pet if you have COVID symptoms.
5. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards for payment. We can process credit card payments without a signature, either by bringing the card inside or over the phone. In addition, we can provide email receipts rather than physical copies if we have your email address. Receipts can be re-transmitted or re-printed if needed in the future.
Because we’re physically moving in and out of the building and are also extremely busy, there may be times when we’re slow to answer the phone; you can either leave a message or wait a few minutes and call back. This continues to be a work in progress, and we’re doing the best we can under difficult circumstances. Please bear with us and remember we’re doing all of this to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Companion Animal Clinic offers superior, comprehensive medical care and treatments that you can rely on for your cats and dogs.
Dr. Penny is responsible for most of the medical cases at Companion Animal Clinic. As long as she’s been a veterinarian, proper education of pet owners has driven her efforts. In any situation, she’ll do her best to make sure you understand what’s going on with your pet, what to expect, and how best to manage or treat any illness she may diagnose. Learn more about Dr. Penny by clicking the link below or by giving us a call today.
Dr. Scott performs the surgeries at Companion Animal Clinic. He has experience with a wide variety of procedures, both soft tissue and orthopedic. He also has a long history of working with older pets that require anesthesia and may be at a higher risk or have underlying health problems. His interest in cardiology is tied in part to safely managing anesthesia in these older patients.
Realizing the importance of animals in people’s lives, the Benningtons believe in offering the best medicine and surgery available to their clients with pets. In addition to their formal schooling, they are both lifelong pet owners and have been directly involved with veterinary medicine since high school. They regularly attend continuing education classes and meetings to keep up with the latest developments. They share this knowledge with their staff and maintain an array of lab equipment to allow top-quality diagnostics. For difficult cases, they have access to a network of regional and nationwide veterinary specialists.
To learn more about our professional veterinary services, schedule a routine appointment or surgery, or obtain emergency medical treatment. Give us a call today for more information.
WE SELL GIFT